Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wisconsin Part 3... AKA I Gorged Myself on Sweet Treats

Seriously. I ate A LOT. I think I may have indulged more than Jeff. Of course that's really not a surprise considering I'm the one constantly justifying purchases of several Ben and Jerry's pints. But I digress.

After checking spending the afternoon in downtown New Glarus munching on this...


I have no idea what it is because I was trying to eat it, hold my purse, and hold a bag of other treats so I could proceed into another place filled with sweet treats. This mystery chocolate item came from The New Glarus Bakery. I also got a delish mini cream horn from the bakery. I did not take a photo because I was too busy annihilating it. Don't let my flat ass fool you. Seriously. After eating the cream horn and the chocolate mystery, we checked out The Maple Leaf Chocolate and Cheese Haus. Again I have no photos. I was way too busy eating. Their fudge was wicked good though. They even had a batch made with Serendipity!   


Somehow after an afternoon filled with beer and chocolate, I still needed dinner. I'm a sucker for good Italian. So we hit up Tutto Pasta Trattoria. It was amazeballs! I ordered spaghetti carbonara.


I don't know if it was my lack of weight or lack of looking Italian, but as soon as I said, "I'll have the spaghetti carbonara," the waiter said, "You know that comes with pancetta which is basically fancy bacon?"

Duh. Isn't that half the reason people order carbonara? Who doesn't like fancy bacon? Hell, they make Fakin' because regular bacon is so awesome vegetarians don't want to give it up completely. So, yes. I know what the fuck pancetta is! Bring it on!

Jeff had something with mushrooms. So I pretended it didn't exist. Seriously people. You're eating fungus!

We also had blueberry cheesecake! Yummy!


After dinner, I really wanted to check out this cute shop, Little Luxuries. Thank God they had that Maggie pillow (from the first Wisconsin blog post) in the window. That's how I got Jeff to let me go inside! The shop was super cute. I could have purchsased several items, but I settled on the Maggie pillow and this gem of a mug.




What can I say? I love Scrabble and tea.

Overall, we had a good time. Madison and its outlying areas have plenty to offer. I hope to return because surprisingly a weekend is not enough time to see everything I wanted to see in Wisconsin.

P.S.
I also recommend the following places, but sadly I do not have photos to post (probably because I was too busy eating, or I got lazy because I was so full from all the delicious beer and food):

The Capital Tap Haus

The Chocolate Shoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment