Unless Purrcy decides to get more daring. Although, I'm not sure how much further he can take it, considering he's sprained his paw in a toaster, tried to put his healed paw in the hot toaster, got stuck behind the refrigerator because I guess he thought jumping behind it was a good idea even though we weren't home, and he had no escape plan, fallen from the top of our refrigerator into a pile of glass shards created from his fall, and whatever else he does while we're sleeping. But I digress.
Despite a jam-packed schedule, I managed to do some baking. Since I'd had such a terrible run of bad luck with new recipes, I tried out a Martha Stewart recipe because Martha has never steered me in the wrong direction.
I went with her Chunky Peanut, Chocolate, and Cinnamon cookies... but I omitted the peanuts. Still delicious! So how to make these bad boys and girls?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (I used vegan butter because I'm lactose intolerant)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 large eggs (Use an egg replacer to make it vegan if you want because my chocolate chips are vegan so I assume it would work out just dandy!)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to about 350. I say about because you all know I have a shitty oven.
- "Whisk" together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. That's right. I whisked it... with a fork. I'm not Martha!
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together. Martha says to do it for two minutes. I just guessed.
- Cream in the sugars. Again, Martha says to mix it for two minutes. I guessed!
- Mix in the eggs and the vanilla (Note: Martha says to add the vanilla at the end with the chocolate chip cookies. That seemed strange to me becuase no other recipe has you do that, at least that I know of. So I added the vanilla at the "normal" time.).
- Gradually add in your flour mixture that you so gracefully whisked together.
- Once combined, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for about fifteen minutes or until it's kind "firm."
- Scoop dough on to parchment paper lined baking sheets (seriously, screw oiling the pan anymore).
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes (I baked mine for 11 minutes, but I like a chewy cookie.).
- Enjoy! *