Sunday, February 16, 2014

Let Them Have Icing!

I've been trying to post about something since The Superbowl. But there have been mangled fingers and failed recipes. Sure I could post about the appetizer we took to a Super Bowl party, but it's just not as exciting as posting about a new baked good, at least to me. Tonight I tried Brownie Mix Cookies. They are far from terrible, but they just seem off... They tasted like brownies in the form of a cookie, but something just wasn't right. *sigh* Hopefully, it's not because I used a different brand of brownie mix. what can I say? I love Duncan Hines. Plus, they were on sale today-- 10 for 10! At least I had the forethought to by an extra box! Back to the cookies though.

The good news is, the icing turned out quite well! It even looks pretty! I also got in some practice with the fancy decorating thingamajig. I obviously need more!


I suppose I'm especially disappointed because I used a dairy-free cream cheese. So I really expected it to be the part that fell flat. But alas, I now have a container of cream "cheese icing" waiting for a home. Perhaps I'll find something for it tomorrow. For now, here's the icing recipe. Maybe you have a good home for it.

Ingredients:
1. 5 ounces of cream cheese (I used Better Than Cream Cheese by Tofutti)
2. 3 tablespoons of butter (To stay dairy-free I used Vegan Buttery Sticks by Earth Balance)
3. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4. 2 and 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together.
2. Add in vanilla and sugar.
3. Spread or pipe onto a tasty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment