Thursday, June 5, 2014

As A Good Friend Would Say, "Frustration Station!"

I try to blog at least once a week, but something always seems to get in the way. It's not that I'm lazy or have nothing to blog about... I'm just absolutely distracted by God knows what, and then the week passes, and shit. No blog. Unfortunately, I may or may not be able to keep up with it like I want to for at least the next few weeks. Why?

Quite a bit has been put on my plate at work. I won't get into because it will either make you sad or it will make you cringe or both. I also avoid talking about work on my blog because I grew up in a world in which you did not talk about work on your blog. I've alluded to the fact that I'm a teacher ( I think, if not, now you know!) so just imagine the possibilities, or don't. Regardless, the "stuff" that occurred sort of made me go into what I've been referring to as turtle mode. After the semester ended, I went into my shell, and I've only come out a few times.

I've also been dealing with hip pain for an entire fucking year-- that's a year without running. Holy hell. We finally got to the MRI point. I was oh so lucky enough to have to get an arthogram before me MRI. I hope you never need either. Tomorrow I get the results of the MRI, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry no matter what. The doctor will either tell me I have the labral tear he thought might be there, or he'll tell me nothing was found so he has to send me to another doctor. It's a lose-lose situation. I think I've only staved off the tears because I haven't seen the MRI or heard my doctor officially speak any of these words yet. Here's hoping I can hold back the loud "Fuck, balls, shit, piss, cock, mother fucker!" until I get back to the car.

And in other terrible, horrible news, my Kitchen Aid Mixer is also hurt. She can be fixed though! But I'm spoiled rotten, and it's hot as fuck down here, so I won't be sharing any wonderful recipes with you because I won't be baking anything unless it's a box of brownies. Seriously, I only use my hand mixture to whip up the frosting for the Angel Food cake. Oh, and to mash potatoes. That's pretty much why it exists. 

So, yeah. No delicious cookies or cupcakes for a while. Which deeply saddens me because I was ready to make Strawberry Mimosa cupcakes. Thankfully our bounty of local strawberries will freeze up nicely and still workout well for the cupcakes. If only I could flash freeze them so they would thaw to a near perfect fresh berry. Or maybe we could live in a world where strawberries are always in season... or at least longer than two fucking weeks. Next year better be better! This is two short seasons in a row! Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment