Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm a Mr. Pibb Connoisseur...

I might be an addict too. Okay, so I am an addict. And before we go any further in to this post... I've said before, and I will say it again and again: It is Mr. Pibb, not Pibb Extra. It might have an extra pinch of cinnamon, but it will always be Mr. Pibb to me and every other Mr. Pibb fan. Moving on.

For the third day in a row the Fazoli's near my apartment has no Mr. Pibb. I feel as if my entire day is off-track, and it's not going to find it's way back on until I have my Pibb in a giant, yellow Fazoli's Styrofoam cup. It's like I didn't get my morning coffee, that is of course if I drank coffee. Sure, I could drink canned Mr. Pibb, but I'm a connoisseur-- I know the difference! My body craves it from the beautiful yet likely bacteria laden fountain with the perfect ratio of carbonated water to Mr. Pibb syrup. It also craves it from the one closest to my apartment. I've tried it from other Fazoli's, and it's just not the same.

Now there are other places that serve high quality fountain Pibb. Unfortunately, they are incredibly inconvenient... I'm brazen enough to walk into a sit down restaurant and ask for a Pibb to go, but damn you Mexican Restaurant with delicious fountain Pibb, you are across the street from a Wal-Mart. And that means traffic! Seriously, it's never not a pain in my ass to get to that Mexican joint (who also serves amazing queso!).

Oh, Fazoli's, you need to get that Pibb back. It's been so long since you've had it, I've written a blog about your lack of Mr. Pibb. That's sad... on your part, but mostly mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment