Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Bold and the Naturally Beautiful

I did something bold. I mean, it was really bold--at least for me. I still can't believe I did it, but it was by far one of the most exhilarating yet peaceful experiences. It took a lot of courage, and maybe a bit of cajoling...


My big brother, of course, took the leap of faith and waded into the cool water. I was excited, but really scared--we were in the middle of no where, we had no towels, and my spare socks were more than an hour away.


But nature tends to bring out my adventuresome side (However, I still vow to never pee in the woods. I will only camp if their is a camper with a clean toilet and sink.). But I still can't believe I did this! I know, I know-- it's just water and a little bit of mud. But this was a big step for me-- I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I hate wet socks. I'm glad I did it though. To be rather cliche, I was one with nature--except my brother snapped a few pictures, and naturally, I made awkward faces. But nonetheless, it was kind of zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment