Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fibromyalgia Blues

I usually don't like to post rants... but I need to today (Yes, I know my last post was a rant too. I swear, it's not my thing!).
 
I haven't been working out lately (since Saturday), and UGH, I feel it. The simple answer is to just work out, but long story short some health issues have sidelined me. I'm hoping to get back into it next week because my fibromyalgia is flaring up like crazy. Stretching isn't exactly the most stress-relieving activity either.

So why am I telling you this? Because I never realized how much exercise helped fibromyalgia. On some level I knew it helped because everyone says it helps, even doctors. But this much?! I went from feeling energetic and pain free to sleepy and ouch, ouch, ouch! Getting out of bed hurts! The random, traveling pain is back! Basically everything is back.

I can't wait to get on the treadmill again... at least Maggie has enjoyed it. She's fascinated by it. I'm not sure why... silly cat! I'll post some pictures later. Right now, I best be getting ready for work. I've got some educating to do!

P.S.
Exercising seemed to curb my Mr. Pibb cravings too! I thought I was going to kick the habit. Argh! 


1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you've been suffering from something so uncomfortable like fibromyalgia. I'm glad you've found that exercising helps ease your pain. I can imagine it's difficult to motivate yourself to work out, but it's obvious that it benefits you in oh-so many ways! How has fibromyalgia affected your quality of life?

    ReplyDelete