Sunday, June 17, 2012

Don't Cry Over Spilt Syrup

I got syrup all over my shirt today... and it almost brought me to tears. Hey! It was expensive organic syrup! And I love that shirt! 

If you've read my previous posts, you know I have terrible luck with medications. Apparently that includes nasal sprays. Somehow I can handle a prednisone shot to the ass during a sinus infection, but not a steroid nasal spray to help prevent the sinus infections from occurring.

Don't get me wrong. The nasal spray did wonders for my sinuses, but after three months of really bad PMS, bordering on PMDD, I finally realized my sudden bouts of acne and bat-shit-crazy Julie moments were related to my new friend the nasal spray. Awesome. I can't win. Recurring sinus infections due to allergies or crazy-nasal-spray-Julie?

Even more awesome? I got new running shoes. Apparently, I over-pronate, mostly in my right foot. I already have a host of problems like patellar-tracking disorder, IT band issues, etc. etc. So my bad form just perpetuated the problems.  I put on the new shoes, went for a run, and it felt like heaven. My right foot wasn't rolling inward, and my knees didn't hurt... But my left foot was now rolling out, suppinating. I suppose I should take what I can get. But seriously? It sure as hell would be nice to at least have feet that ran in-sync, even with poor form. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah? I guess I'll settle for being weird as fuck, mentally and physically, and someday when I'm feeling less bitter, I'll look back and laugh.

As for now, I'm going to enjoy some chocolate cheesecake.

1 comment:

  1. Cheesecake makes EVERYTHING better! If it's any consolation, a kid once squirted maple syrup in my hair at our school breakfast and my hair was a hot mess all day long. I was mortified! It was the worst thing that could happen to a shy, awkward 4th grader! So I know your pain! I always appreciate getting new gear (like a swimsuit or water bottle or gym bag) to help me get motivated to exercise. Yay for your new(ish, by now) running shoes!

    ReplyDelete